Lung Metastases

Hello all, @Shane is a new member whose wife has had metastasis to her lungs. He is very eager to receive some insight, and would love to hear from any of you.

My heart is with you all, having a loved one go through this is really hard.

-Arjuna from ModSupport

Iā€™m not trying to be negative but my husband had synovial sarcoma in his right foot it was amputated in April of 2015 and had clear scans with the exception of one small spot that doctors said was too small to do anything about except just watch. In 2018 he got really sick and we found out the cancer metastasized to his lungs. He fought hard numerous rounds of chemo radiation but nothing made the tumors shrink. He passed away March of this year. This cancer is extremely hard to beat.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
My story has similarities. My father was diagnosed by chance as he was having regular CT to check that his adder cancer hasnā€™t recurred. They fond sarcoma in his shoulder blade and due to its location were unable to remove it. In jan 18 a small dot was found on his lung and a biopsy revealed that it had metastasised into his lung. He also had to wait until it was large enough to treat, hen had chemo which appeared to shrink the tumours. Some months later they had grown and we tried a different chemo which he had a very bad reaction to and nearly lost his life; we were incredibly lucky that he recovered from that and had 6 months of a decent life style. A couple of weeks ago we lost him as the tumours had grown and werenā€™t being treated and he had fluid in his lungs as a result of the chemo he had over 1 year ago. Itā€™s a horrible cancer

@GoJulie

Hello everyone, Julie is a mother of two and an illustrator, and after her first diagnoses a very long time ago on her ankle, it reappeared last year and has metastasized to the lungs. She would be grateful for advice!

And to Julie, I am tagging you here in case you want to ask any questions, or simply read up on other peopleā€™s experiences. Wishing you the very best Julie, and we look forward to hearing from you !!

Best,
Arjuna from ModSupport