Advice me

after my last treatment i never gone under any treatment and scans. now 5 years over foe my last treatment.

one month back i have notice pain while pressing my right side chest below the rib cage. i met my doctor and he advised me to do X-RAY, but it came normal. he said nothing to worry. but still pain is there. please advice me wether i should go for scan or not?

doctor told me that no need of scan..

A CT scan is better than an X-RAY. An X-RAY is only good for detecting big tumors, not small silent ones. The pain you are experiencing may be unrelated to cancer. Often, tumors do not cause any symptom unless they are big, in which case, the X-RAY would probably be able to detect it. I still would do a CT scan for peace of mind since you haven’t had any in 5 years. In the USA, survivors get chest CT scan regularly for up to 10 years after their last treatment, whether they have symptoms or not. The idea is that it’s easier to remove a tumor if you catch it early…

thank you so much dear Elodie... i will consult my doctor once again. even i also thinking same.

thanks for your kind support..

Elodie Espesset said:

A CT scan is better than an X-RAY. An X-RAY is only good for detecting big tumors, not small silent ones. The pain you are experiencing may be unrelated to cancer. Often, tumors do not cause any symptom unless they are big, in which case, the X-RAY would probably be able to detect it. I still would do a CT scan for peace of mind since you haven't had any in 5 years. In the USA, survivors get chest CT scan regularly for up to 10 years after their last treatment, whether they have symptoms or not. The idea is that it's easier to remove a tumor if you catch it early...
Hi,
You should geta PET scan or CT scan. My son had the tumors return in the lining of his lungs, five years after surgery,chemo and radiation I wanted to let yoiu know that there is a clinical trial starting in Lyon, France using a frizzle gene FZD10.. It is the only trial that has killed the synovial in mice. You would qualify for the trial. Contact: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■. God Bless..
The trial was expected to begin in this September. This is the radio-immunotherapy which brings radioactive substance specifically to
desease site. As strong efficacy is expected, no Chemo is attached to this therapy.
I hope this therapy will be able to cure the patients fighting with synovial sarcoma

what happened with this trial

It didn’t work:

The trial didn’t work was it yourself

No I wasn’t in the trial. One member tried to join but was not able to because he was from the US and the trial was in France. But the trial results can be found here:

The previous link was a discussion about the trial and it also includes the trial results link…