Natural Remedies

Hi everyone!

My husband was diagnosed October 2013 and we opted to do natural treatments at home as we were told it was slow growing and we didn't like the idea of putting poison in his body, making him infertile, and destroying his immune system. He did juicing, Essiac tea, daily coffee enemas, pancreatic enzymes, colon cleanses, liver cleanses, parasite cleanses, processed-free food diet, and in five months the tumor almost doubled in size but his immune system, blood work, etc. has been incredible. He had surgery to remove the upper left lobe of his lung because there was bleeding going on and they want to start the AIM chemo protocol but can't with bleeding because of the risk of him dying from bleeding to death. There is still tumor in there so they want to do the AIM chemo treatment in a few weeks after he heals from the surgery.

We are so hesitant to start chemo because there is no guarantee that it will work (but there is guarantee that he will have side effects, destroy his immune system, etc.). But at the same time we need to do something drastic to get this thing! My hubby is 35 years old and we have a 7 month old little girl. Me and my little girl want him so bad in our lives! He's such an incredible loving husband and daddy. We are praying for a total miraculous healing. Until that comes, I would like to start doing some major focus on attacking this cancer.

Does anyone know of anyone having LASTING success with AIM chemo? What about alternative treatments (IV Vitamin C, B-17, IPT low dose chemo, Gerson Therapy, something else)?

hello - that's great that you started alternative treatments and although I love the idea think that the best approach (my opinion) is to try chemo in addition to everything else you have listed. I'm also doing restorative yoga and meditation in addition to eating clean. I read a great book written by a nurse that beat cancer three times and its called the omni diet. until we can find a cure, i think the best bet is chemo to kill off the cancer cells. I"m also looking into an immune therapy treatment that boost your immune system to help kill off cancer cells. It's a trial but did hear it's not responding well to synovial sarcome but at this point I"m willing to try. think it depends on the individual person. good luck to you and your family. continue being an advocate for your husband. i say prayers for all of us daily that are fighting this monster.

There is no magic bullet unfortunately. Surgery is usually required to achieve cure. Chemo is just a tool that may render surgery possible or buy time. Not everybody responds the same way. Some people do not respond at all while a few buy years of stable disease. It's like playing lottery. If you don't play, you can't win but if you play, your chances of winning are small :-( Is it worth playing? Only you and your husband can answer the question...

I can tell you that my Son, myself and his Mother all regret ever having opted for chemo. He has had good response with a natural approach similar to what you've done, despite (what we believe) the cancer being more resilient due to the chemo. Although he does no sugar and extremely limited carbs, it's allowed him to be strong and feel healthy.

I would look into cryonic ablation and find out if he is a candidate.

Hey,

I was also diagnosed in Oct and i am almost 34. I have a lot to share with you! I have some ideas and would like to help if i can, I shrunk my tumor in half and then had a successful operation using a combination of natural and western treatment. i am cancer free now. If you accept my friend request then I can send you a personal message. :)

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing AGD. Can you tell me what chemo concoction you did? Does he use cryonic ablation?

AGD said:

I can tell you that my Son, myself and his Mother all regret ever having opted for chemo. He has had good response with a natural approach similar to what you've done, despite (what we believe) the cancer being more resilient due to the chemo. Although he does no sugar and extremely limited carbs, it's allowed him to be strong and feel healthy.

I would look into cryonic ablation and find out if he is a candidate.

Dox & ifos - pretty standard, proceeded by radiation.

He has had several ablations and while he's really up against it right now due to a large mass that is strangely showing little activity on pet/ct, we're still happy with the path we've chosen since chemo. He has been out of the country to get treatments not allowed here and will be trying yet another shortly. I will try and let folks know how it goes.

Yes, I would like to know how it's going with him! Where does he go to get the treatments? Does he stay there?

AGD said:

Dox & ifos - pretty standard, proceeded by radiation.

He has had several ablations and while he's really up against it right now due to a large mass that is strangely showing little activity on pet/ct, we're still happy with the path we've chosen since chemo. He has been out of the country to get treatments not allowed here and will be trying yet another shortly. I will try and let folks know how it goes.

Anyone heard of applying the Gerson Therapy? What about the Coley Therapy?

Welcome! Diagnosed 11/2014 here. I opted for zero chemo too,for the same reasons you mentioned. I use this off label combination drug treatment www.neoplas.org and also medical marijuana. 3 months of treatment and still no new growth or spread at all, the tumor is stopped in it’s tracks.

1 Like

You will find somebody with synovial sarcoma who tried coley toxins here:

http://cancerwife.com/

She tried a lot of other stuffs too. I am not sure what's her current status.

The problem I have with Gerson is it's use of foods containing sugars. Cancer feeds on sugar.

butterphly7 said:

Hey,

I was diagnosed in October and I am 35 as well with a 3 years old son. I just completed my second round of chemo (Ifosamide and Epirubicin). On the side, I do Graviola tea, a little bit of Ketogenic diet, and bunch of supplements to boost the immune system. I heard good things about whole body hyperthermia. I will have a CT scan next week to see if the tumor is responding and only then will be able to envision lung surgery which seams to be the best option.

Best wishes

AGD said:

The problem I have with Gerson is it's use of foods containing sugars. Cancer feeds on sugar.

butterphly7 said:

Hey Danie,

What is the tumor size? How are you responding to the chemo in conjunction with the immuno-boosting things that you are doing? Any side effects? Would love to hear what shows up on the scans. My prayers are with you!

Danie said:

Hey,

I was diagnosed in October and I am 35 as well with a 3 years old son. I just completed my second round of chemo (Ifosamide and Epirubicin). On the side, I do Graviola tea, a little bit of Ketogenic diet, and bunch of supplements to boost the immune system. I heard good things about whole body hyperthermia. I will have a CT scan next week to see if the tumor is responding and only then will be able to envision lung surgery which seams to be the best option.

Best wishes

AGD said:

butterphly7 said:

Thanks so much Elodie! You know what I have found interesting in my husband and I's journey? Every time we are in the medical field with this treatment, we experience a lot of fear and hopelessness. When going through natural treatments, we were both excited, full of life and hope. I think there is so much fear and despair offered in the hospital setting (for us at least). That's why we really want to find something natural that works. Actually, what we are really hoping for and praying for is a complete miracle to happen. With God all things are possible, and that seems like the very best way to have this ugly thing dealt with!

Elodie Espesset said:

Hi AGD,

my tumor is about 8cm. I had an X ray yesterday and unfortunately, teh tumor is not responding to the chemo/natural remedies. I will continue to fight, pray, and search for more remedies.

Best,

Danie

butterphly7 said:

Thanks so much Elodie! You know what I have found interesting in my husband and I's journey? Every time we are in the medical field with this treatment, we experience a lot of fear and hopelessness. When going through natural treatments, we were both excited, full of life and hope. I think there is so much fear and despair offered in the hospital setting (for us at least). That's why we really want to find something natural that works. Actually, what we are really hoping for and praying for is a complete miracle to happen. With God all things are possible, and that seems like the very best way to have this ugly thing dealt with!

Elodie Espesset said:

My son has been to Bogata Columbia for salinymiacin treatments and will (hopefully) be headed to Mexico for more of the same combined with another promising treatment, that I'm reluctant to discuss at this point.

Danie,

Hang in there, my prayers are with EVERYONE on this site and fighting this battle.

A lobectomy is not a bad option at all, if it's doable for your situation. My son has had two and would like to have his current mass removed as well, but that option does not exist for this one..... or so it appears. Standard medical practice can really have you scratching your head sometimes.

Here is an article about a lady with sarcoma who tried Gerson therapy:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/cancer-death-of-wellness-warrior-jess-ainscough--brings-focus-onto-alternative-treatments-20150306-13vp0z.html

All one can say from the article is that Gerson therapy didn't cure her...

AIM chemo was very hard but worked very well for me. After that I had great succes with yondelis however I was one of the few with a lot of serious side effects.... couldn't hold on onto that therapy. but worth trying :)