5/11/21 FDA gave IND approval for a BRD9 protein degrader

Since late 2018 we have been waiting for the development of this. Two companies, C4 therapeutics, and Foghorn Therapeutics have been developing treatments. Now Foghorn has received approval for a phase 1/2 IND trial for this BRD9 approval. This treatment is specifically developed for synovial sarcoma. Has any one enrolled in this clinical trial? Any information from doctors?
Here is the announcement: * Received IND clearance for FHD-609, a targeted protein degrader, which is being developed for the treatment of synovial sarcoma

Hope this is one breakthrough.

2 Likes

First dosed patient in new clinical trial for BRD9 degrader.
This clinical trial is now active an exploring the effects of this new drug.
I only have the information that appears in internet.
Has anyone managed to sign up for this phase I clinical trial?
Any one has further information about any aspect of this?

1 Like

I am in Boston waiting to begin the foghorn trial. This trial is over two months in and they just started cohort to which means 10 mg of FHD609. There are many 5 mg slots open at down at Farber and at MD Anderson and at the hospital in Tennessee is well. So far very minimal side effects for the five or six people already participating

Thanks Waterfire for the update on this clinical trial. I look forward to hearing about your experience once you start treatment. I am waiting for the trial to open in NY since going to Boston would mean a delay of several months until they revise all my history. At least that is the impresión I got when I called Dana Farmer’s clinical trial line.

C4 Therapeutics has also been promising that they will start a clinical trial by the end of the year with their version of a BRD9 degrader. Right now it seems very difficult to believe as December is already half way through. Does anyone know why this promising treatment keeps being delayed by C4?

Again, thanks for bringing this info Waterfire.

I have learned a lot about the structure and process of phase 1 trials… Specifically the ones that are assessing safety and dose X collation. They start at such a low dose that it takes quite a bit of time to arrive at a therapeutic dose… And for this reason I chose not to begin that trial but to wait until they have reached a therapeutic dose which is being evidenced in scan results for the people currently in the trial. I strongly believe in and support the research behind the foghorn trial and look forward to participating in it when the timing is correct and helpful. Dr. Wilke published an article that she wrote about this very fact… Meaning how phase 1 trials actually work. I will post a link here of that paper as I feel it must be considered as people are waiting to join that trial. It doesn’t seem to me to be the right time to set aside other treatments that might support stability and even tumor regression in favor of the foghorn trial until they reach the higher cohorts in that trial and who knows at this point when They will arrive at that moment.So yes let’s be excited about foghorn and let’s also remember that being at the correct dose and having safety verified he’s a very important part of the process and what will make joining that trial most beneficial to everybody…Here is an article published by the renowned Sarcoma doctor in Colorado… Dr. Wilke. Definitely worth a read regarding how to make informed choices about joining a clinical trial.