Daughter-Lung Mets(Multiple)-Dr Rolle

Hello Everyone,

My daughter has numerous lung mets and was thinking of Dr Rolle in Germany for surgery. I would like to know his reputation/details of people's experience/traveling/cost/insurance coverage/long time side affects of this surgery/lung capacity, etc. We are from the USA.

Thanks.

I can provide you phone numbers to people that have had his surgery. Best option! US will take away ALOT of her lung capacity IF she has just a few and will just chemo her if she has too many. You will see her nodules get smaller if her body hopefully responds to treatment but the cancer is always there. Just ask about survival rates and then look at Dr Rolle. His survival rates are the same or better but with no need for chemo unless he tells you to get more depending on what he finds. The difference is yes you will have some pain nothing too bad for months but NO loss in quality of life like the US treatment. In my case they wanted to keep me on chemo until I died. Ask the right questions and you will know which choice is best! Start a fundraiser if money is low. The deposit is 12000 euros and my bill for the first lung was only an additional 150.

Pro. Rolle's Email address is: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Mail him and ask himself.

My experiences with German Professors were great in the past. But I did not meet Dr.Rolle yet (and hopefully we never will (concerning hie speciality)).

On the net I found this:Experience with Dr.Rolle

Hotels can be booked here:HRS - Hotel Reservation Service

The costs may be negotiated with Mrs. Kölbel from the Admissions with office times from 6:30am to 3:30pm German time (GMT+1).

I hope this will help you and your daughter to come through it.

God bless you

Eckhard

Thank you very much for your replies. If I can get other references I would greatly appreciate.

What else are you looking for?

An angel from heaven?

You can find Andrew's experience with Dr Rolle in his journal:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/andrewcrabtree/journal/index/2/0/desc

If you join the ACOR sarcoma list, there is a member there whose son had multiple surgeries with Dr Rolle. The son has had metastatic ASPS and eventually Dr Rolle couldn't operate on him anymore. So he went to Detroit and had his latest mets removed by cryoablation, done by Dr. Littrup. Here is the link to join the ACOR sarcoma list:

http://www.acor.org/listservs/join/120

I heard about this surgeon and am curious myself. Seems so scary to go oversees. Thank God I'm not quite at my last resort option just yet. Good luck with finding the answers or peace your looking for. Thanks Elodie for this link, I'm going to join this acor.org group.

Hi Miss, Please provide me with those references. We sent the CDs to Dr Rolle, but he has not yet responded.
MissMya said:

I can provide you phone numbers to people that have had his surgery. Best option! US will take away ALOT of her lung capacity IF she has just a few and will just chemo her if she has too many. You will see her nodules get smaller if her body hopefully responds to treatment but the cancer is always there. Just ask about survival rates and then look at Dr Rolle. His survival rates are the same or better but with no need for chemo unless he tells you to get more depending on what he finds. The difference is yes you will have some pain nothing too bad for months but NO loss in quality of life like the US treatment. In my case they wanted to keep me on chemo until I died. Ask the right questions and you will know which choice is best! Start a fundraiser if money is low. The deposit is 12000 euros and my bill for the first lung was only an additional 150.

Dr Rolle did not accept my daughter for her numerous lung mets. We were quite sad. We are now trying maybe Dr. Herzog in Germany. Has anyone heard of his reputation or anyone in the US for mets?

Thanks.

Did he explain why she was not eligible? I never heard of Dr. Herzog...

She was not eligible, unfortunately, because of where the lesions/tumors were located. We are very sad as we were looking forward for this surgery this summer.

That's a bummer :-( Is she going to try chemo or some trial?

She has been on chemo for the past year. We are looking into Dr. Herzog Clinic in Germany for treatment, but I'm looking into individuals who have used him for references, but I have not heard from anyone, or treatment for mets.

Is Dr. Herzog a sarcoma oncologist?