Newbie here!

Hey guys! My name is Marisa and I am 25 years old. I was diagnosed with synovial sarcoma September 2017. It was located on my left foot. They actually thought it was a cyst for years but when they finally took it out they discovered it was something much more sinister.

I am on my 6th and last chemo! I also had a below the knee amputation of my left foot in December of 2017. It’s been a crazy ride especially since I’m a new mom with my 6 month old at home but we are making it work! I would love to hear some positive stories as I try to move on with this part of my life. Thanks for reading. Hope everyone is doing well :slight_smile:

Hi Maria

Glad that you are doing well. Mine was very similar to yours. I am now 27. I had a tumour on my left foot and doctors did not find it for many years until we did an MRI in December 2016 and was confirmed in Feb 2017 that it was tumour.

I had a below knee amputation as well in March 2017 and did four cycles of chemo. I completed my chemo end of July 2017 and is now walking pretty well with my new prosthetic leg.

All my scans have been good so far by the grace of god.

Do let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

hi marisa, hope everything goes welllll :slight_smile: