Sarcoma Foundation of America Educational Conference April 29th in New York City

The Sarcoma Foundation of America is hosting an Educational Conference April 29th in New York City at the Grand Hyatt New York from 11:00 - 3:30. The conference will include a buffet lunch followed by five lectures on subjects important to Sarcoma patients and families. The final hour of the conference is devoted to an audience question and answer session. Tickets are $35 and are available at www.curesarcoma.org. There is a block of rooms reserved at the Hyatt for $269, they can be reserved by calling 1-800-■■■■■■■■ by April 6th and asking for the Sarcoma Foundation price. The following are the presenters and topics:

George D. Demetri, MD
Director, Ludwig Center at Dana-Farber/Harvard and Sarcoma Center, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Topic: Future Directions of Sarcoma Therapy

Marc Ladanyi, MD
The William Ruane Chair in Molecular Oncology; Attending Pathologist, Molecular Diagnostics Service; Member, Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Topic: How Funding Basic Science Can Lead to New Targets & Treatments

Crystal L. Mackall, MD
Chief, Pediatric Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute
Topic: Advances in Sarcoma Immunotherapy

John S.J. Brooks, MD, FRCPath
Director of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Pennsylvania Hospital
Topic: Advances in Research in Sarcoma Pathology and SFA Funded Research

Kurt R. Weiss, MD
Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Topic: Advances in Sarcoma Surgery

I'll be at the conference. If anyone wants me to ask specific questions, let me know...

Elodie, it would be great to get some feedback post the conference, especially about promosing treatments. Thx G