Up date

Just letting you know waht going on with us
CC (Daughter Charisse 18yr) had MRI scans and Onocology reveiw on Monday,
At the reveiw we found out that they wont be able to if needed give CC one of the chemos called “epirubenson”, as this one if given any more will weaken her heart… But they can give her ifosomide, Both of these Chemos are for Synovial (cancer) but they dont think it will do much…
It seems that because she now has a new cancer on the site of her first left lung surgery, they now consisder this to be moving fast…
The MRI on the hip is to determine wheather the cancer in the hip had come back…The onocologist think the scan looks OK but we have to wait for the radiologist report on Thursday.
Apparently the thoracic surgerons wont operate and remove the left bottom lobe of lung if the hip has a recurrance… And according to onocology if the cancer is in left hip they wont be able to remove because it will be to deep ?
.So all this leaves her with is the hope that when they do remove the two cancers in the left bottom lobe , that they have got it all… The chemo will be keep for last option… :frowning: In Australia we do not have trials ;(
I get such a horrible feeling about all this, my heart is at the point of Despair …
She is off colour again last night and I have just taken her temperature , same as the night before- 38.8 and she says she is cold…We had to catch a train home from the reveiw and I think she got a chill , it did rain as I wheeled her down to the station and by the time we got home she said she was cold , so I tucked her in bed and she slept till tea time, had fever later on, in the morning and all day she was been fine…
I think doctors are in order for today… If she is still sick I will have to cancel Thursday, cant take her on the train with fever… Nell.

Nell, I’m deeply sorry for all Charisse is enduring. Life just doesn’t make sense sometimes. I know this can’t be easy on you or your family. Just don’t give up…hope her fever goes away. I’m sure you are anxious for Thursday’s appointment. I will be praying for your family. Laura

High dose ifosfamide can sometimes do wonders for synovial sarcoma patients. So do not loose hope. I do hope though there is no hip recurrence and the lung surgery is possible! Good luck to Charisse!

I just got your update and wanted you to know I am thinking of you, Charisse & your family and sending you positive wishes & hope from Canada.