Over eleven years cancer free!

In 2012 I was diagnosed with a synovial sarcoma above my left eye. I lost my left eye and sense of smell, but I’m alive. Prior to surgery I had 25 rounds of radiation. I was supposed to have 5 rounds of chemotherapy, but only got through one session. I had a brain fluid leak that had to be dealt with and then so much time had passed my doctor didn’t think it would help to finish the chemotherapy treatments. I’ve dealt with a lot of infections related to the foreign material holding my brain up, but the cancer never returned.

1 Like

So very glad to hear that you’ve been cancer free for 11 years! very inspirational!

Are you on any Facebook groups? There are 2 groups on FB for Synovial Sarcoma and many of us in the midst of the fight appreciate all the positive stories of hope.

Thanks for sharing! I hope that you have many more decades cancer free!

I didn’t know there were Facebook groups! I just looked them up and it looks like there are quite a few connected to SS. Which two are you referring too?

I’m a member of Synovial Sarcoma Support Group & Synovial Sarcoma Families. They are good groups with lots of information!