Update

Hi All,

Just wanted to update you on my husband Dan. He is having another VATS tomorrow for a small nodule in his lung. It is one that the doctors have been watching since February. He is on a vaccine clinical trial, and the hope of all involved is that he will be able to return to the trial. The nodule was small when he started the trial so they couldn't definitely call it SS. Apparently the way the trial is written it does allow for a surgery and removal of a tumor and then the ability to pick the trial up again.

I am so proud of him for staying strong and aggressive against SS. This entire experience is such a roller coaster, and it seems like ours hits a bad bump every 10 months or so. In the good times he is back at work and exercising and living a "normal" life. I simply hate that there is no definitive cure for this cancer so we didn't always have the thought of it lingering in the back of our minds.

Thank you all for continuing to share your stories both highs and lows. We have so much to learn from one another. I pray for all of us who are touched by this disease all the time.

Take care, Katie

Hi Katie,I hope the surgery has gone well and he is recovering nicely. I has just gone through similar treatment and it’s pretty tough going. Keep strong and lots I’d hugs and chatting thrugh situation really helps. Sending a prayer for you from downunder. Gary