Anybody have success with MK-3475 (pembrolizumab, trade name Keytruda)?

Hello - has anybody had success using MK-3475 (pembrolizumab, trade name Keytruda)? Thank you in advance for your feedback. Trish

My son Patrick just started in a trial for Pembrolizumab
On Feb. 24th. We r very excited about this. His Dr. Has been
Talking About this drug for almost a year & feels it
Cld b a cure for SS.
Patrick gets his next infusion next
Tuesday the 14th. He feels great. He has had no side effects.
Do u know anyone who has taken this drug?

I’m on a pd1 inhibitor trial with medi 4736 & tremilumab & have had two infusions. My scans two days ago showed all tumors doubled in size!! The docs aren’t sure if due to inflammation or growth. I’m so torn & not sure what to think. I know the preliminary reports of these drugs are good but not sure if I’m just a rare case. Waiting to hear from my doc if I can even continue with such drastic increase on scans. Best of luck to you all. Pls keep us posted.

It's scary Aperez :-( I do hope it's inflammation and not tumor growth. How long ago was your previous scan?

Aperez said:

I'm on a pd1 inhibitor trial with medi 4736 & tremilumab & have had two infusions. My scans two days ago showed all tumors doubled in size!! The docs aren't sure if due to inflammation or growth. I'm so torn & not sure what to think. I know the preliminary reports of these drugs are good but not sure if I'm just a rare case. Waiting to hear from my doc if I can even continue with such drastic increase on scans. Best of luck to you all. Pls keep us posted.

Hi Sheila - thanks for the feedback. I did not know anybody who was on this trial. I am glad to hear your son is feeling great. We reached out to U of Pitt to get on trial but since our daughter has had more then 3 therapies we can not get on the trial there. Right now we have been told no exceptions. I continue to look for a trial that she meets the criteria. She is 18 years old. All the best to you and your son. Trish

Sheila said:

My son Patrick just started in a trial for Pembrolizumab
On Feb. 24th. We r very excited about this. His Dr. Has been
Talking About this drug for almost a year & feels it
Cld b a cure for SS.
Patrick gets his next infusion next
Tuesday the 14th. He feels great. He has had no side effects.
Do u know anyone who has taken this drug?

Hi Aperez - sorry to hear about these results. Hopefully this is due to inflammation or if small tumors maybe the time from first scan to this scan had growth before treatment. The doctors seem excited about the anti-pd1 drugs but I have seen that some drugs work for some and not others we just need to keep pushing forward. All the best. Trish

Aperez said:

I'm on a pd1 inhibitor trial with medi 4736 & tremilumab & have had two infusions. My scans two days ago showed all tumors doubled in size!! The docs aren't sure if due to inflammation or growth. I'm so torn & not sure what to think. I know the preliminary reports of these drugs are good but not sure if I'm just a rare case. Waiting to hear from my doc if I can even continue with such drastic increase on scans. Best of luck to you all. Pls keep us posted.

Hi Trish, sorry to hear your daughter cannot get into the trial in Pittsburgh.
Is there a limit to the number of trials u can participate in?
I know they r trying to start up other studies @ MD Anderson, Sloan Kettering &
Dana Farber I believe. Is there a possiblity your daughter cld get in there?
Where r u from? When was ur daughter diagnosed?

One of the inclusion criteria for this trial:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02301039?term=MK-3475&rank=51

is: Patients may have received 1-3 prior systemic therapies. She has had more than 3.

I continue to review the clinical trials site for available trials. My daughter, Katie, was diagnosed October 2010 at the age of 14.

We live in Brookhaven, PA and she currently goes to CHOP.

Enjoy the weekend, finally we are getting some better weather in PA. All the best to you and your son and success with this drug.